The Monkey God slot is inspired by the legend of Sun Wukong, a mystical monkey god with supernatural speed and strength. In this 5×3 game, he uses his magical powers to grant bonuses and boost wins. The game has 23 ways to win by crossing the grid and is packed full of bonus features.
Kalamba Games, the producer, rates the volatility of this slot as a medium to high. This means that the potential wins are higher than in a low-volatility game, but will not be as frequent. So if you want to hang in there for the big payouts, you will need to budget accordingly.
1. Gold Symbols – One feature of Kalamba slots is the adjustable RTP. In most Kalamba games, higher bet levels get extra features which improve the Return to Player, and in Monkey God, this is done with the use of gold symbols. All the premium symbols can appear in two versions, silver and gold. The gold symbols pay more for line wins than the silver and are crucial to landing the personal progressive jackpot. Only the lowest-paying premium will land as a gold symbol at the first bet level. Each level above turns one more symbol gold.
2. Bonus Jackpot – Another thing we see on more Kalamba slots is the personal progressive jackpot. These are jackpots that seed at a certain level and then increase by a portion of your bet each time you spin the reels on the game. Players need to see 15 golden symbols land anywhere on the grid on one spin to land this.
3. Bonus Spins – To the right of the grid is the green koi collection metre. As green koi symbols land, they are collected here. Once the player reaches a certain number, they can choose to play the bonus spins at the bronze level or keep on collecting to reach silver, gold or platinum. The bonus spins are a hold-and-win feature where koi symbols land and stick and award cash prizes at the end of the round. Each level contains bigger possible payouts and more spins to collect them in.
4. Free Spins – 3 bonus symbols in view will trigger ten free spins. During this round, the wild can land with an x2 or x3 multiplier attached. This is applied to all wins they help form, and golden wilds also count as that many gold symbols to help trigger the jackpot. The free spins round is extended by three more spins every time two bonus symbols land.
The great thing about the bonus jackpot and the collection metre is that the game remembers your progress between sessions, as long as you don’t change your bet level.
- Bonus jackpot
- Free spins with wild multipliers
- Bonus spins
- Collection metre and four levels of bonus spins
- RTP at bet level one is below average
- High volatility won’t suit budget players
The betting range is wide enough to suit all players going from just 0.38 up to 175 per spin.
Kalamba Games ranks the Monkey God slot as a medium to high volatility game.
The RTP varies depending on the bet level, but the highest setting is a generous 97.45%.
Yes, there is a free spins bonus feature in this game which can trigger and retrigger easily.